For all evap, intake, exhaust, vacuum lines and vacuum components, passenger compartment window and sunroof, headlight/tail-light fixtures and much more. This unit provides the option of compressed air, inert gases and a built-in internal compressor to inject the smoke into the system.
Accessories included: full set of block off caps, exhaust cone, evap schrader valve remover/installer, evap service port adapter hose (green cap), high intensity smoke illuminating battery powered flashlight and 8 oz smoke producing fluid
Featured in PTEN Magazine:
Mastercool’s 43060-EV Evap Diagnostic Smoke Machine for all evaporative emissions control systems testing, provides a solution to difficult to diagnose automotive leaks. This specifically engineered unit allows today’s technician to quickly and efficiently locate and repair a wide variety of evap, vacuum lines, cooling systems, manifolds, catalytic converters, brake boosters, passenger compartment, air intake, exhaust, water leaks and much more.
Mobile repairs are now possible as the technician isn’t required to be in the shop to access shop air. This unit has its own internal compressor which allows the end user to perform all diagnostic testing at any desired location. Conventional shop air and inert gases are also able to be used.
The incorporated flow meter which ranges from 0 to 0.040 psi allows the technician to easily monitor and diagnose any leaks. It is also easily removable for periodic cleaning if necessary. The custom-made pressure gauge which ranges from 0 to 30 in.H2O is specifically designed and allows for the reading of minute changes in pressure. The built-in pressure regulator is set at 0.5 psi for safe evap testing and also utilizes a high-pressure safety release valve to protect the unit and the vehicle being tested.
The Evap Diagnostic Smoke Machine comes complete with a full accessory kit which includes a set of block off caps, diagnostic cone, evap valve core removal tool, evap whip hose, 10-foot flexible power cord to connect to vehicle battery, 8 oz bottle of non-toxic smoke producing fluid for hundreds of diagnostic tests and heavy-duty smoke illuminating flashlight. The hand-held flashlight uses 3 “C” cell batteries and provides a telescoping beam of light for wide to concentrated leak inspection. This unit uses a heavy duty 10-foot nylon barrier braided smoke output hose with removable aluminum nozzle which will provide years of reliable service. The durable construction and time-tested high quality internal components allow the Mastercool smoke machines to produce a consistent heavy flow of diagnostic smoke for uninterrupted leak testing.
- Compact, heavy-duty design for years of reliable service
- Multiple options for smoke injection include built-in internal compressor, shop air and inert gases
- Quick smoke generation
- Built-in safety pressure relief valve
- Built-in pressure regulated at 0.5 PSI for safe evap testing
- Large easy to read pressure decay gauge 0-30 in. H2O (70 mbar)
- Easy to read and clean flow meter
- Non-toxic and non-corrosive smoke
- 10’ 12V power cables with durable clamps
- Heavy-duty 10’ smoke injection hose
- Velcro strap for hose and power cable storage
- High intensity, battery operated smoke illuminating telescoping flashlight
- Voltage: 12 VDC
- Input Pressure: Max 100 psi (8.2 bar)
- Output Pressure: 12 – 14 inH2O (30 – 35 mBar)
- Safety Pressure Relief: 120 (±5) psi
- Auto Shut-off: 5 minutes
- Oil Fill Line Indicator: 3.4 oz (100 ml (±10 ml)
- Flow Meter: 0 – 0.040 in. (0 – 1.0 mm)
- Dimensions: 11.8 x 8.1 x 11 in (300 x 205 x 280 mm)
- Weight: 11.9 lbs (5.4 Kg) (Shipping Weight: 20 lbs (9 Kg))
- Power Consumption: Max 6.5 Amps
- Operating Temperature: 0 °F to 140°F (-17°C to 60°C )
- Operating Humidity: No Restrictions
- Operating Altitude: No Restrictions
- Vapor Output Hose: 10 feet
- Power Cable: 10 feet
- Pressure Supply: Air/Inert gas/Pump